American National Standard for High-Visibility Safety Apparel and Accessories
This new edition consolidates the requirements of ANSI/ISEA 107-2010 and ANSI/ISEA 207, American National Standard for High-Visibility Public Safety Vests in an effort to establish a single, comprehensive document that considers all occupational tasks. The standard continues to present three performance classes of garments based on the amount of visible materials and design attributes incorporated into the final configuration, and identifies garment types based on expected use settings and work activities being performed. These are designated as off-road (type O), roadway and temporary traffic control (type R), or public safety activities (type P).
Responding to user concerns, the 2015 standard makes allowance for garments sized to fit smaller workers, and adds specifications for accessories such as gloves and armbands. The standard details the performance requirements for all materials used in the construction of compliant high-visibility safety apparel (HVSA), specifies labeling requirements to identify the garment by performance class, type and by its flame resistance characteristics as defined in the standard and expands the examples of garment configurations to illustrate compliant and non-compliant designs.
To comply with ANSI/ISEA 107-2015, a garment’s background material, and retroreflective or combined-performance material must be tested by an accredited laboratory. The manufacturer of the finished item then verifies that the garment or headwear meets all the requirements of the standard, and provides a Declaration of Conformity for each model. Examples of test forms and the Declaration of Conformity are included in the standard and located in the resource section below.Click Here to Purchase the Standard
- Click Here to download the following PDF documents:
- 1. Background Material Testing Report (4 pages)
- 2. Combined-Performance and Retroreflective Material Testing Report (2 pages)
- 3. Declaration of Conformity (2 pages)
- Click Here for Errata to ANSI/ISEA 107-2015
- Frequently Addressed Topics in High-Visibility Safety Apparel (click on title to view FAQ)
- Click Here for Clarification Related to Declaration of Conformity for High-Visibility Accessories
- Click Here to view the FHWA letter of interpretation