What is the Introduction to Occupational Health and Safety (IOHS) course?
The Introduction to Occupational Health and Safety (IOHS) course is a web based program designed to introduce sales and marketing professionals to the fundamentals of workplace health and safety. The course was developed by experienced occupational safety and health industry professionals, OSHA 10-and-30-hour trainers, and instructional design specialists.
By completing this course, participants will work towards developing knowledge of the origination of Occupational Health and Safety in the U.S., risk management, hierarchy of controls, as well as standards development and the organizations that develop them.
They will also consider how occupational health and safety connect to people, company brand and reputation and profitability. The requirements for employers and employees will also be discussed. Finally, participants will consider how to establish a value based proposition for a safe work environment.
IOHS Course Details
- 1 hour
- On Demand
- Instruction by Board Certified Safety Professional
and Occupational Health and Safety expert
This course will give participants:
- An understanding of the personal protective equipment industry
- An explanation of risk management including risk and incident assessment
- A practical explanation of the hierarchy of controls
- An understanding of how occupational safety and health connects to people, public trust, and profit, encompassing the idea of a value based proposition
- A foundation in standards development and standards organizations
- An explanation of the role of the employer and employee in creating a safe work environment
- PPE Industry
- Impact on Business
- Risk Management
- Risk Assessment
- Hierarchy of Controls
- Health and Safety Value Proposition
- Regulations and Standards
- Employer Responsibility
- Knowledge Checks
- Final Assessment and certificate from ISEA
Interested in taking the class? Fill out the form below for registration information: