The 2017 ISEA Annual Meeting promises to be an exciting venue for all things safety equipment, including advocacy, policy updates and connecting with colleagues.
The meeting kicks off on November 29, with product group meetings, focusing on standards development, advocating for the growth of the safety equipment industry, and increasing the reach of the association. At the association’s annual Award Dinner, ISEA will honor Daniel Shipp, who honorably led the association for 25 years, with the Robert B. Hurley Distinguished Service Award.
There’s extra news to cover at the Annual Business Meeting and Speaker Sessions on November 30: ISEA’s new President and his vision for the future of the association, the rapidly evolving technologies in the safety equipment industry, and opportunities for new collaborations and partnerships. Dr. John Howard, director of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) will speak to the group, and OSHA has been invited. These agency leaders will discuss new developments within the agencies, and where federal safety standards are heading.
The topics are exceptionally timely and offer attendees a tremendous range of information:
- Current OSHA priorities in the new Administration
- Dr. John Howard on NIOSH’s Strategic Vision, and PPE-related research
- Cal Prop 65 next steps, labeling options for PPE manufacturers
- Jonathan Karl, with an insider’s view on Washington D.C. – including the White House
- Safety Trends and Policy panel (speakers to be announced)
- Focusing on the Future, an update from ISEA
Registration opening soon!