ANSI/ISEA Z87 Secretariat
ISEA serves as the Secretariat of Accredited Standards Committee Z87 on Safety Standards for Eye Protection. As such, ISEA administers the Operating Procedures of the committee in accordance with the Essential Requirements prescribed by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and is responsible for the issuance of interpretations related to the standard ANSI/ISEA Z87.1 American National Standard for Occupational and Educational Personal Eye and Face Protection Devices.
Membership on the Z87 Committee is voluntary and represents a balance of stakeholders in the following interest categories:
• Manufacturer: An organization that produces the product or represents producers of the product, or components thereof, covered by the Committee.
• User: An organization (company, association, government agency, individual) that uses and/or purchases the product covered by the Committee.
• Government: A government agency or department that has an interest in the use of products covered by the Committee. (Agencies or departments that use such products should select the User category).
• Technical/Professional: An entity (individual expert, professional society, test lab, etc.) that has specialized knowledge and expertise in the products, components or testing covered the Committee.
• General Interest: An organization or individual that has a special interest in this standard due to safety, technical or other requirements with demonstrated knowledge in the area(s) covered by the Committee, and does not fit under another category.
Stakeholders interested in applying for committee membership may complete and return the application or may contact ISEA vice president of operations and technical services Cristine Fargo for additional information.
Click here to view Interpretations and FAQs pageOrder Standards