Cases of COVID-19 in the United States have dropped significantly in the last few weeks, and 64% of Americans have now received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. As a result, American workers are getting back to work and back on the road. And, many industry events that were postponed or held virtually in the last year are now offering in-person education and networking opportunities.
In a recent ISEA survey, more than 60% of respondents have already begun traveling to industry events or plan to start this Summer, and another 27% plan to start again in the Fall.
ISEA will host its first in-person event in August as association leaders gather at the new ISEA office for strategic planning and a quarterly Board of Trustees meeting.
In November, ISEA will hold its Annual Business Meeting just outside Washington, DC at the Ritz Carlton Pentagon. Be sure to save the date.
It is important to note that while the CDC has loosened restrictions for vaccinated citizens, travel restrictions and recommendations still apply and vary depending on if your travel is domestic or international.
Fully vaccinated travelers are less likely to get and spread SARS-CoV-2 and can now travel at low risk to themselves within the United States. International travelers need to pay close attention to the situation at their international destinations before traveling due to the spread of new variants and because the burden of COVID-19 varies globally.
CDC prevention measures continue to apply to all travelers, including those who are vaccinated. All travelers are required to wear a mask on all planes, buses, trains, and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within, or out of the United States and in U.S. transportation hubs such as airports and stations.
Domestic travel (within the United States or to a U.S. territory)
- Fully vaccinated travelers do not need to get a SARS-CoV-2 viral test before or after domestic travel, unless testing is required by local, state, or territorial health authorities.
- Fully vaccinated travelers do not need to self-quarantine following domestic travel.
- For more information, see Domestic Travel During COVID-19.
- Fully vaccinated travelers do not need to get tested before leaving the United States unless required by their destination.
- Fully vaccinated air travelers coming to the United States from abroad, including U.S. citizens, are still required to have a negative SARS-CoV-2 viral test result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before they board a flight to the United States.
- International travelers arriving in the United States are still recommended to get a SARS-CoV-2 viral test 3-5 days after travel regardless of vaccination status.
- Fully vaccinated travelers do not need to self-quarantine in the United States following international travel.
- For more information, see International Travel During COVID-19.
Upcoming Industry Events
Below is a list of safety events in the US and abroad curated especially for the safety equipment sales professional and executive. Let us know if there are others we should add.
|June 30 – July 2
Tennessee Safety & Health Conference
|July 28 – 30
FRI – Fire Rescue International
|August 2 – 7
|August 31 – September 2
|September 13 – 15
ASSP Safety 21 Conference + Expo
|September 13 – 16
|September 21 – 23
AGC 2021 Convention
|September 21 – 24
Service World Expo
|September 26 – 29
ARTBA National Convention
|October 4 – 8
EMS World Expo
|October 8 – 14
National Safety Council Congress & Expo
|October 21– 23
National Hardware Show
Las Vegas, NV
|October 26– 29
International A+A Congress
|November 3 – 4
Compounding World Expo
|November 8 – 10
Fastner Fair USA
|November 9 – 11
Manufacturing & Technology Show
|November 15 – 17
ISEA Annual Business Meeting
|November 15 – 18
ISSA Show North America
Las Vegas, NV
|November 17 – 18
Gateway Farm Expo
|January 5 – 8
Las Vegas, NV
|February 11 – 15
ATSSA’s Annual Convention & Traffic Expo
|February 21 – 24
Las Vegas, NV
|March 6 – 8
FAH Conference and Business Exposition
|March 9 – 12
CI& CRC Joint Conference
American Society of Civil Engineers
|June 6 – 9
NFPA Conference & Expo