ISEA is the trade association for manufacturers of industrial hand protection. Members of the group design, manufacture, and market a full range of gloves to protect workers against cuts and lacerations, chemical and biological agents, electric shock, flame and temperature extremes, vibration and other hazards. They are manufactured and tested to rigorous material and product standards, and their use is mandated by OSHA and other regulatory bodies.
ISEA members have a seat at the table when standards are being written that affect their products; they get a first look at changes in standards, they influence the development of new standards, and they are kept informed of developments on standards around the world. ISEA developed the first American National Standard for glove selection criteria, ANSI/ISEA 105, and the Hand Protection Group is represented on other standards technical committees in the US and worldwide. ISEA works with NIOSH on research to improve glove sizing and fit for specific worker populations.
ISEA gives members a full-time Washington office. They are kept up to date on important developments affecting their companies, and are identified with a respected and responsible organization that is an advocate for product standards and worker safety.
ISEA members use the association to learn from each other, and work together to improve markets. Information services are tuned to member companies’ needs.
In addition to bringing companies together in the Hand Protection Group, ISEA membership is a link to the larger world of safety equipment, both in the U.S. and around the world. Companies receive regular bulletins and reports on standards, government policies and proposals, and market intelligence. They participate in the association’s annual Executive Summit and Fall Meeting, where the industry comes together to share information and insight. Members’ products are listed in the searchable online Buyers Guide, and promoted in the quarterly Protection Update newsletter.
For 75 years, ISEA has set the standard for personal safety equipment manufacturers, supporting and promoting the business interests of its member companies, united in the goal of protecting the health and safety of people worldwide.
Hand Protection Standards
American National Standard from ISEA:
- ANSI/ISEA 105-2016 – American National Standard for Hand Protection Selection Criteria
- ANSI/ISEA 138-2019 – American National Standard for Performance and Classification for Impact-Resistant Gloves
ISEA is represented on the following standards committees and panels:
- ANSI A10 – Safety Requirements for Construction and Demolition Operations
- ANSI Z49 – Safety in Welding and Cutting
- ANSI Z10 – Occupational Health and Safety Systems
- ASTM F23 – Committee on Protective Clothing
- NFPA Technical Correlating Committee – Fire & Emergency Services Protective Clothing & Equipment
- NFPA Technical Committee on Hazardous Materials Protective Clothing and Equipment
- US TAG to ISO TC 94 – Personnel Safety – Protective Clothing and Equipment, SC13 – Protective Clothing