ISEA is the trade association for manufacturers of head protection. Members of the group are the leading designers and manufacturers of industrial protective helmets, commonly known as hard hats, as well as helmets for firefighters and emergency responders and the military. (The scope of the group does not include motorcycle or racing helmets or sports headgear.) They are manufactured and tested to rigorous product performance standards, and their use is mandated by OSHA and other regulatory bodies.
ISEA gives members a full-time Washington office. They are kept up to date on important developments affecting their companies, and are identified with a respected and responsible organization that is an advocate for strong head protection standards and regulations.
ISEA members use the association to learn from each other, and work together to improve markets. Information services are tuned to member companies’ needs. ISEA members participate in a market data program that tracks quarterly sales of hard hats. This data is available exclusively to participating companies.
In addition to bringing companies together in the Head Protection Group, ISEA membership is a link to the larger world of safety equipment, both in the U.S. and around the world. Companies receive regular bulletins and reports on standards, government policies and proposals, and market intelligence. They participate in the association’s annual Executive Summit and Fall Meeting, where the industry comes together to share information and insight. Members’ products are listed in the searchable online Buyers Guide, and promoted in the quarterly Protection Update newsletter.
For more than 80 years, ISEA has set the standard for personal safety equipment manufacturers, supporting and promoting the business interests of its member companies, united in the goal of protecting the health and safety of people worldwide.
Head Protection Standards
American National Standards from ISEA:
ISEA is also represented on the following standards committees and panels:
- ANSI Z49 – Safety in Welding and Cutting
- ANSI Z87 – Eye and Face Protection
- ANSI Z10 – Occupational Safety and Health Systems
- ASTM E54 – Homeland Security Applications, E54.4 – PPE
- NFPA Technical Correlating Committee – Fire & Emergency Services Protective Clothing & Equipment
- NFPA Technical Committee on Fire Service Occupational Safety & Health
- CSA Z94.1 – Technical Committee on Head Protection
- US TAG Administrator, ISO TC94 Technical Committee for Personnel Safety, SC1 Head Protection
- US TAG to ISO TC94, SC14 Fire Fighters Personal Equipment