How can I buy PPE?
ISEA does not manufacture, distribute, sell, certify, or test personal protective equipment (PPE). To determine which ISEA members can meet your PPE needs, visit the ISEA Buyer’s Guide, where users can choose reputable PPE manufacturers and distributors from multiple categories of safety products.
In thinking about effective PPE for COVID-19 response efforts, be aware the FDA has issued Emergency Use Authorizations (EUAs) for non-NIOSH approved respirators. Details can be found here.
The CDC has issued infection control guidance for healthcare professionals about COVID-19. To learn more about PPE guidance, optimizing PPE supply, and PPE burn rates, visit the CDC website.
Here are factors to consider when planning to purchase respirators from countries other than the United States.
To whom can I sell PPE?
Those looking to provide medical PPE should contact the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the US government entity tasked with coordinating PPE relief efforts in the United States.
Sellers are asked to submit a price quote under the COVID-19 PPE and Medical Supplies Request for Quotation form. Full details can be found in the solicitation.
How do I donate PPE?
ISEA recommends the following way to ensure the proper medical PPE are delivered to areas with the greatest needs:
- FEMA is working to marshal all sources of medical supplies and equipment, including generous donations. The agency asks this form be completed to facilitate all donations.
- A government-vetted list of non-profit organizations supporting COVID-19 efforts can be found at org.
- To donate PPE to your local healthcare community, it is recommended you reach out to administrative offices or procurement personnel at local health care or first responder facilities to access what is needed and required.
- The American Hospital Association launched Protecting People Everywhere, an app-powered initiative that matches individuals and organizations donating personal protective equipment with local hospitals based on need. The HealthEquip app also will track PPE donations and manage shipping through UPS to hospitals. Hospitals and donors can register their PPE needs and supplies.
- Visit donateppe.org to search PPE donation opportunities by state.
Where do I take my ideas for new PPE products?
ISEA does not offer or assist in obtaining patents or trademarks for new safety products. Please visit the US Patent and Trademark office website for more information.
ISEA members are leaders in safety equipment manufacturers, testing and application. ISEA Member Companies can be found here.