For Senior Leaders in PPE & Safety
The dust has finally begun to settle from one of the most impactful events in world history. Businesses have “shifted,’ ‘pivoted,’ and ‘reimagined’ everything from supply chains to workforce to HR practices and more. Now is the time for business and industry leaders to see and share what works and what doesn’t. Because if you’re late to the game, you lose market share.
The ISEA Executive Summit is where senior leaders in the safety equipment industry come to hear progressive ideas, learn best practices, and make peer connections that will help power growth in today’s economic and business climate, and prepare for what’s to come.
Our program will feature high-value sessions to help leaders think differently, get ahead, and drive growth.
Need to Know
Start: Apr. 30 (6:30 pm)
End: May 2 (Noon)
We recommend arriving the afternoon of Sunday, April 30 and departing the afternoon or evening of Tuesday, May 2.
J. W. Marriot Houston Downtown
Aloft Houston Downtown
> Reserve Your Room
Last Day to Book: March 30, 2023
Please familiarize yourself with our latest health & safety guidelines.
Special Networking Event
Join Us at Space Center Houston
Attendees will head to Space Center Houston for a private event in the Space Gallery featuring a reception, dinner, and exclusive access to this immersive learning center for science and space exploration.
We’ll have special access to:
VR Simulators: This virtual reality experience guides you on a spacewalk experience aboard the International Space Station. Experience the view from low-earth orbit.
Motion Simulators: These simulator rides use a powerful hydraulic and theater system to mimic the feel of space travel.
- A NASA Astronaut: Meet and mingle with Commander Dominic Antonelli, a veteran of two space flights.
RegistrationThis is a members-only event
Breakfasts & Lunches
Access to Presentations
Networking EventJoin us at the Houston Space Center
Ticket to Networking Event
Round Trip Transportation to Event
Full Dinner and Bar Provided
Are you interested in reaching decision makers at leading companies and their executives in the safety equipment industry? We have a limited number of sponsorship opportunities for our:
- Nov. 14 Awards Dinner
- Nov. 15 Keynote Speaker
- Safety Partner Sponsorship
Sunday, April 30
6:30 – 8:00 PM
Mingle with colleagues and friends while enjoying heavy hors d’oeuvres and local spirits.
Monday, May 1
Check in, grab your name tage, and fuel up for the day.
Connor Lokar, Senior Forecaster, ITR Economics
The US and global economies are going through turbulent times, with inflation, interest rates, consumer activity, labor shortage, market gyrations, COVID-Echoes, war, and simplistic and often contradictory headlines potentially making it difficult to discern what the future will look like. It may seem impossible to effectively plan for a prosperous future given all the noise and misdirection, but our speaker Connor Lokar will provide a data-driven analysis of these trends and more. No emotions or histrionics or political agenda. The trends will combine to show what to expect for key industries and areas of interest to ISEA members. Attendees will walk away with a clear perspective on:
- Big Picture: ITR’s forecast of the general economy (and specific markets of interest to ISEA members) through the second half of 2023 and 2024 with analysis of risks to the forecast
- What to expect for commodity prices and inflation in general
- How interest rate trends may change and what that means for businesses
- The consumer’s financial health and why it matters
- What is going on with shortening supply chain trends
- Why industrial demand is likely to outperform in key areas
- What is happening in labor
Take a short break to refill your cup and check in at the office.
Keith Pigues, CEO & Founder, Luminas Strategy
This session will highlight how member companies and their leadership or commercial teams can:
- Accelerate growth and improve business outcomes utilizing a customer-centric approach to serve customers, while maximizing the value to member companies and the industry
- Understand how customer buying habits are changing and how to adapt to these new behaviors
- Adopt and implement the principles of the Differential Value Proposition consistent with the leading practices for commercial excellence, sales, and marketing processes
- How to begin applying the concepts to member company customer portfolios
To provide members with actionable takeaways, attendees will be provided with a diagnostic tool that they can use after the Summit with their teams, to apply the Differential Value Proposition framework to their customer base.
Enjoy a plated lunch while networking with peers.
Mike Marks, Founding Partner. Indian River
Through Mike’s work supporting several ISEA members, he and his firm have seen major shifts underway in how PPE and safety equipment fits into emerging digital channels. The pandemic brought many more channel partners into the PPE market. While most of the glove and mask resellers have faded away, there are some new viable partners, including many alternatives beyond Amazon as networks gain scale and traction. In addition, the buying journey continues to evolve, and companies that are adjusting accordingly are being rewarded with increased share.
This session will untangle complex channel beliefs and provide concrete examples that members should consider when developing or refining their Go To Market strategies, including:
- Driving growth & reducing cost to serve by revisiting the separation of market-making and market-serving activities (and adjusting investments accordingly)
- Revisiting current approaches to getting maximum coverage for your offering, including assessing your balance of investment in field sales and digital
- Trends in data requests from channel partners and end-users (e.g. ESG, forced labor, country origin, delivery times, etc), and on manufacturer experiences obtaining customer data (e.g. VoC, transaction data, etc.) from channel partners to better target marketing investment
Participants will receive copies of all Mike’s presentation materials include a large list of links to support further participant research.
Attendees will head to Space Center Houston for a private event featuring dinner, drinks, and a private tour of this immersive learning center for science and space exploration.
Tuesday, May 2
Nourish your body and soul after an evening of fun.
Moderator: Abby Ferri, Chief Risk Officer @ Insurate
Abby will lead a panel of senior safety professionals in a conversation about the challenges employers face in keeping workers safe in today’s shifting workplace and how providers of PPE can attract loyal customers.
Share lessons learned from yesterday’s sessions and stories from last night’s event.
An Interview with: Sanjiv Bhaskar @ Frost & Sullivan
By this point, we all know what ESG (and particularly sustainability) is. We’ve been bombarded with thought leadership, scary statistics, and consultant pitches . When you cut through all the hype and marketing bluster, though, it can be hard to figure out what real companies are actually doing when it comes to sustainable business practices. And that makes it devilishly hard to prepare for the future.
To make this session as valuable as possible, we’re asking all ISEA members to reply to a 100% anonymous survey to understand their current practices related to ESG and sustainability. We’ll share the aggregated results, and then engage in a lively conversation with Sanjiv Bhaskar about new Frost & Sullivan research on the sustainability-related practices most likely to deliver results, depending on your company’s unique product offerings, current engagement with sustainable business practices, etc. Attendees will walk away with:
- A new-to-world benchmark of industry activity in ESG and sustainability, comparing apples to apples
- Clear understanding of the customer, regulatory, and other forces driving this trend today and in the future
- A framework to evaluate the ROI of various sustainable business practices
Say good-bye for now as you prepare to return to the office with insights and intel to share with the team at home.
Founding Partner @ Indian River
Senior Forecaster @ ITR Economics
CEO & Founder @ Luminas Strategy
Abby Ferri, CSP
Chief Risk Officer @ Insurate
Vice President of Research @ Frost & Sullivan
CEO & Founder @ Luminas Strategy
Keith advises senior leaders and boards on growth strategies and talent development.