About the Daniel K. Shipp Scholarship
The Daniel K. Shipp Scholarship was created in 2017 to recognize the contribution that Mr. Shipp has made to ISEA and the safety and health of American workers during his 25 years as President of ISEA. Mr. Shipp established ISEA as the “Voice of the Safety Equipment Industry.” He skillfully melded the hard work of ISEA members, to develop and implement the association’s benchmark of standards making, government relations and knowledge-sharing strategies. The positive impact on the industry is undeniable, and the health and life-saving impact for workers is inspirational. Mr. Shipp has rightfully established himself as a pillar of this industry.
The annual scholarship in the amount of $2,500 is open to college undergraduate students enrolled in majors geared toward a Safety and Health career, students who share our vision to protect others.
This scholarship is awarded annually, based on academic and extra-curricular achievement and financial need, and the recipients are selected by an independent review panel unaffiliated with the ISEA.
- Undergraduate student enrolled in majors geared toward a Safety and Health career (such as, but not limited to, Environmental Science, Fire Protection, Health Physics, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health, Safety, etc.).
- Currently registered as full-time students in North America. A full-time student is one who is carrying 12 credit hours per semester, trimester or quarter.
- Applicants must have at least one full year of study remaining in their degree program.
Applicant must complete the application, which consists of the following:
- Application form
- Transcript of grades for the last two years of completed education
- Financial disclosure
- Essay (Minimum 500 words). Please include comments about what has influenced you in pursuing a career in the field of safety and health.
- List of extracurricular activities
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Up to a three (3) minute video or slide presentation highlighting your successes, goals and aspirations
Committee members review applications and select qualified scholarship recipients based on demonstrated outstanding academic achievement, financial need, grade point average (GPA), leadership, and future career interest in an occupational health and safety-related field.
2021 Application Due Date: September 17, 2021, by 11:59 PM ESTApply Here
Contribute to the Daniel K. Shipp Scholarship Fund
Your gift will be a genuine tribute to Dan Shipp and a tangible gift help to students who share our vision to protect others.Contribute Here
For more information, contact ISEA Member Services Manager, Tanya Brosnan at [email protected] or call 703-525-1695.