Daniel K. Shipp Scholarship
Are You Interested in a Career in Safety and Health?
The Daniel K. Shipp Scholarship was created in 2017 to recognize the contribution that Mr. Shipp made to ISEA and the safety and health of American workers during his 25 years as President of the association.
This $5,00 scholarship is awarded annually to a student in an accredited college or university, pursuing a degree in occupational safety, industrial hygiene or a related field.
All applicants should demonstrate:
– academic achievement
– extra-curricular advancement
– financial need
- An undergraduate student enrolled in majors geared toward a Safety and Health career (such as, but not limited to, Environmental Science, Fire Protection, Health Physics, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health, Safety, etc.).
- Currently registered as full-time students in North America. A full-time student is one who is carrying 12 credit hours per semester, trimester or quarter.
- Have at least one full year of study remaining in their degree program.
- Transcript of grades for the last two years of completed education
- Financial disclosure
- Essay (Minimum 500 words). Please include comments about what has influenced you in pursuing a career in the field of safety and health.
- List of extracurricular activities
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
Recipients are selected by independent review panels unaffiliated with ISEA.
Contribute to the ISEA Foundation
Help ISEA help the leaders of tomorrow. Your tax-deductible gift will be a genuine tribute to industry legends and a tangible gift to help students who share our vision to protect others.
The ISEA Foundation is supported by tax-deductible contributions from individuals and organizations and is recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) exempt organization.
Lincoln C. Bailey Memorial Scholarship
Is your parent an ISEA member?
The Lincoln C. Bailey Memorial Scholarship was established in 1989 to honor the memory of Mr. Bailey, an industry leader who expressed strong interest in education throughout his lengthy career.
This $5,000 scholarship recognizes and assists children or dependents of ISEA members. It is awarded each year to a deserving sophomore or junior in an accredited US college or university.
- A child, dependent or legally adopted ward of an employee of an ISEA member company (within the safety division) or of an employee of ISEA.
- A full-time student completing their sophomore or junior year at an accredited US college or university taking courses leading to a bachelor’s degree. Applicants who apply as sophomores and are not selected may reapply in their junior year.
- Demonstrate successful academic and extra-curricular achievements through the application process and verified by a current school transcript.
The following resources must be submitted with the online application:
- Official school transcripts
- Financial aid statement
- Two letters of recommendation
Applications will open in 2024.