The Qualified Safety Sales Professional (QSSP) Program – The Industry’s Premier Training Program for Safety Sales Professionals
Today, over 1500 sales and marketing representatives in the safety equipment industry are QSSPs. They have broadened their technical expertise in health and safety. They have gained an understanding of the complex regulations imposed by OSHA, EPA and other agencies. And most important, they have become more valuable to their customers and their companies. QSSP was developed specifically for safety equipment manufacturers and distributors. It is taught by an experienced faculty of safety professionals, and ISEA member companies receive a substantial discount on tuition.
The Benefits of Being a QSSP
- PPE specifiers look for the letters QSSP after the names of marketing and sales people, and know they are working with professionals who have prepared themselves to be safety partners in the prevention of worker injuries and illness.
- QSSP prepares marketing and sales professionals to be valued resources to their customers, bringing knowledge, competence and credibility, and solutions to support the critical mission of helping them protect their workers.
- Learn the basics of occupational safety and health – how to identify and evaluate hazards, management approaches to environmental safety and health, and how all the parts of a safety and health program work together.
- Study air sampling and exposure levels, respirator fit testing and fall protection basics, electrical safety and confined spaces.
- Understand OSHA regulations and learn about standards, compliance and enforcement, as part of a comprehensive curriculum.
- Learn how to calculate the cost of an injury in sales equivalent dollars, showing how poor safety performance affects profits, help PPE specifiers and safety professionals strengthen the case to management for a strong, sustained EHS program.
- Participants who successfully complete the course and the QSSP competency exercises receive a certificate of recognition, and the right to use the QSSP designation.
- Learn from a reputable program with longevity in the industry, instructed by established and well-respected safety professionals.
Do You Have What it Takes to Become a QSSP?
To become a Qualified Safety Sales Professional, a sales or marketing professional must complete an intensive, week-long training course. Students learn principles and practices of occupational health and safety; fundamentals of industrial hygiene, risk management, safety engineering, health and safety regulations, and workers comp. They are exposed to the full range of safety equipment and safety practices for the workplace. They learn how to integrate health and safety equipment into their customers’ needs. Need more information on QSSP’s value? Download our brochure on “why people buy from QSSPs” here.Get Started