According to the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), N95 Day is a day dedicated to providing the N95 respirator community with educational materials promoting the proper use and selection of this piece of personal protective equipment.
If N95s are part of your workplace respiratory protection program, please take some time on September 6 to focus on your safety and get to know NIOSH and the resources they provide. Confidence and familiarity with proper respirator practices is important for employers, respiratory protection program managers, and safety managers in all industries who rely on N95 respiratory protection to help keep workers safe.
Here are the top 5 reasons to tune into N95 Day:
- Using social media for respiratory protection resources – If you’re all about respiratory protection, then it’s all about #N95Day on September 6th. Look for N95 related information on Twitter (@NIOSH, @NPPTL, #N95Day) Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest as well as the annual N95 Day NIOSH Science Blog article
- NIOSH is launching a new web page of resources dedicated to hospital respiratory protection programs
- New webinar
- The Science Behind Respirator Fit Testing in the Workplace: Past, Present, and Future
- Why do we have to fit test? And why every year?!
- The power of partnership – We all have one goal here, and that’s to protect the hardworking men and women who rely upon respiratory protection, such as N95 filtering facepiece respirators, to keep them safe with every single use.
- A dedicated time to focus on respiratory protection – The education to build this familiarity must happen before the time comes when a respirator is needed.
Visit the N95 Day page: http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/n95day.html
ISEA’s Respiratory Protection Group, representing the global leaders in respiratory protection, is an active partner with NIOSH in setting respiratory equipment standards and approvals, as well as promoting the use of respiratory protective equipment.