The 2019 Trench Safety Stand Down sponsored by the National Utility Contractors Association (NUCA) and the North American Excavation Shoring Association (NAXSA) is coming up June 17-21, 2019. The Trench Safety Stand Down webpage includes information on how to conduct a stand down and resources from NUCA, NAXSA, and OSHA.
OSHA has a number of compliance assistance materials on trench safety, including:
- Trenching and Excavation webpage
- Audio public service announcements recorded by U.S. Secretary of Labor Alexander Acosta in English and Spanish
- 45-second video from Secretary Acosta on 5 Things You Should Know to Stay Safe in a Trench
- Working Safely in Trenches QuickCard in English and Spanish
- Protect Workers in Trenches poster in English and Spanish
Reducing trenching and excavation hazards is an Agency Priority Goal for FY 2018 and 2019, and ISEA supports this important goal.